I was recently nominated for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award by Charlene over at
Thinking Outside The Pot! Thanks so much for the nomination, it’s very exciting to be recognized and it’s nice to be noticed!
This award came with questions to answer, so let’s get to it!
- What is your favorite thing about blogging? Well, my blog is a cooking blog, and I love to cook so that’s one of my most favorite parts, but I also love to write and I hope my photos are improving, and that’s something I also enjoy!
- Why and how did you decide to start a blog? I had read blogs for a long time and really wanted to do one, then last summer while visiting the Farmer’s Market in my town, I was talking to one of my favorite vendors, we decided that I would start writing recipes to go along with her in season veggies and that was the push I needed to start my blog.
- What is your favorite kind of cookie recipe? I truly love a sugar cookie. You can go anywhere with them. At my parent’s 50th wedding anniversary, I made them, dipped them in chocolate and sprinkled on gold sprinkles and everyone loved them. I’ve also simply made ice cream sandwiches with them.
- What is your least favorite house hold chore? Dishes! With doing thing with the blog plus normal life, there’s always a lot of dished.
- Where did you grow up? In a small, rural town in Maryland and it’s where I still live. I loved raising my daughter here. She attended a public school, where she graduated in a class of 77, so it was like being in a private school. When she graduated from 3rd grade, they said to look to your left and right and when you graduated from high school, there’s was a very good chance it would be the same people sitting beside you, and they were!
- What is your favorite type of restaurant to go to? I would never criticize chain restaurants because we do frequent them, but we love diners or locally owned restaurants, because everything isn’t the same. It’s something we look for whenever we travel.
- What do you love to do in your spare time? I feel as though I don’t have a lot of that, but I love to get out and walk my dog, it’s the way we start every morning and I couldn’t image not starting every day that I can that way, so nice and peaceful.
- What is one of your biggest goals with blogging? I’d love to make some money at it, but just having a nice following would be great.
- What is your favorite color? Green tends to look good on me, but I love bright colors
- What is your favorite holiday and food that you have during that holiday? Christmas, because I love to decorate for it, and we do mostly appetizers so it’s a lot of little dishes.
Now to my questions!
- What was your favorite trip or place you’ve traveled to?
- What inspired your blog?
- What’s your favorite season and why?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- What do you do when you’re not blogging?
- What’s your best source of inspiration when you blog?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite guilty pleasure?
- What’s your goal for your blog?
- What kind of pet’s have you or your family had?
And nominees are
- Charnaie from Here we read
- Natasha from A Mom Actually
- Jessica from 2 talented daughters
- Clarissa from My Wife styles
- Francesca from The Hungry Homemaker
- Rachel from Emerging Adults Eats
- Mark from Beat Cancer 2010
- Ros from Cooking up the Pantry
- Stephanie from A Whisk and a Spoon
- Sandhya from Indfused